Saturday, May 30, 2009

LTJG Yates (my promotion ceremony)

So after working three nights in a row...I stayed after on that third morning to get promoted to LTJG. Here are some pics of the ceremony. Hope you enjoy!
Here is a side pic of me. People seem to enjoy pics of my belly...especially from the side view...so here is a pic!



Here is a sweet pic of my dad and I! I am so glad he could be there on this special day. It is because of him I am doing what I am doing today! I just love the "military life."



As you can see here is a pic of Brenton and I. Look how exhausted I look. I worked three nights in a row and had to stay after on that third day for the ceremony. I was literally a walking zombie! but I made it!:) And thank you baby for being there on my special day! Get ready...you get to pin me when I make LT.!













Here is a pic of my dad pinning me. It was so special that he could be here for this special day! As a retired marine himself, he took a lot of pride in pinning his daughter...especially here at Camp Pendleton where I was born! Thank you dad for staying and being a part of my first promotion ever!







Here we are "renewing" our Oath of Office...and yes...I promise to support the constitution of the United States of America. I promise to serve this country in the best way I can!







Here is a picture of the whole gang! I normally wear skirts cause they are so much cuter...but no...I am in prego gear! haha! so flattering...I look huge! 32 weeks and counting!
After the ceremony...Brenton and I ran around the hospital signing paperwork and getting name badges...etc. all changed with the new rank! It was definately an exhausting morning. We also had an appt. with my midwife. Everything looks great! Kingston finally decided to turn and is head down! Yes!!! He is moving now more than ever. You can just watch my belly and see him move around...it is actually kind of freaky! We are now 32 weeks pregnant...8 more to go! We definately can't wait to meet our lil' man! Hope all is well with everyone else. We love and miss you all!
xoxoxox
Brenton, Mel, Hurley & and of course Baby Kingston (in utero)!




















2 comments:

Shannon said...

Congrats on the promotion!! And I've never seen a woman in the military pregnant but you make it look amazing! :)

Blayne and Aerin Yates said...

Yep! Those inutero movements look alien like, definately freaky. So excited to see you guys in a few weeks. Hopefully Kingstom stays in that belly through our visit. Not that we wouldn't love to see him, but for this visit it is better that he remains where he is and growing more :) Love you guys!