Thursday, May 21, 2009

Our trip to Portland!

For those that didn't know...Brenton, Hurley & I recently made a trip back home to Portland to see my brother graduate from Vancouver Fire Academy (go Matt!!!), our baby shower, and a trip to the zoo with our precious niece (Tori) and nephew (Gavin). It was a short trip...but full of fun and we were able to spend some quality time with family. Well worth the drive!
This first picture would have been a lot nicer if the wind didn't blow my hair in my face right when the pic was being taken...haha! This pic was taken at the Portland Zoo with Tori and Gavin! We love you guys!
Here is a pic of my brother Matt, me, and Brenton all standing by our cakes and even cupcakes. My aunt and uncle made them and they were delicious. Gosh, they are so talented! Brenton even got a cake made for himself for graduating from Tank School with the Marines (and he was promoted to LCpl)!


Here is a pic of my girls! Where is Ang??? She wasn't there yet! and I can't believe Kylie is one already!



Here is a pic of me and my cousin Shaun! I just had to post this one...too funny!



And of course...MY LETTERS! I have been wanting to get these made. Thank you thank you thank you Aerin and Mary for assisting me with this project! They turned out great and we absolutely love them!
Well now that Brenton and I are back into the full swing of things again, we are anxiously counting down the weeks till Kingston arrives. We have been busy getting the house and nursery ready for his arrival!...and I am still busy working full time! We want to thank everyone for all the wonderful gifts from the baby shower and making our trip home so wonderful. We miss and love you all!
xoxoxo
Brenton, Mel, Hurley & baby Kingston (in utero!)



4 comments:

Doug and Mary Yates Family said...

Such fun pics! We so miss you guys and can't wait to come down. Kingston's room is looking WONDERFUL! You and Aerin did a great job with those letters!!!!!

Blayne and Aerin Yates said...

"WHAT A CUTE WALL HANGING!" It looks awesome, good job guys! Next trip we will have to think of a different project!

Carol-Jean said...

The nursery is looking so wonderful! Thanks for including me in your shower.

Shannon said...

I love the lettering!! It came out awesome! Your pregnant belly looks amazing. :) Not too much longer!