Monday, September 15, 2008

My Marine in the Making!

So before I head off to work early this morning, I wanted to update everybody on Brenton. I got to see him at church yesterday and yes, I got to sit by his side for a whole 3.5 hrs. It was the best moment I have ever shared with Brenton in such a long time. The minute I walked into the room where they hold sacrament, I first realized that I was not going to be able to recognize Brenton. I was staring at a bunch of bald recruits all dressed in there cami's and all looking the same. I here a voice in the corner go "there she is" as Brenton is whispering to his friend. I look to the right and there he was....huge perma grin on his face. HE LOOKED SO GOOD! I have to be honest, I was expecting him to look a little weird bald. But NO, he looked AMAZING! It hit me real hard that he is becoming a marine. He has not changed one bit. Still joking around, still my sensitive little guy, and still so very handsome. We got to talk the whole time, but remembering that we could not touch eachother; not even hold hands. That was very hard. But at the very end he was ordered to give me a hug and a kiss, Brenton just said "yes sir" and did what he was told...haha! I was able to go into a room with him as he received a blessing for his pink eye, upper respiratory infection, and infection on his foot. Seriously Brenton, go see a Doc! haha...Three recruits were baptized yesterday. I got to attend there baptism's as well. Brenton comfirmed two of them. It was just a really exciting, fun, and emotional morning for Brenton and I. He is officially in Phase III, the last phase, of bootcamp. They headed back to MCRD, San Diego yesterday after church. So he is almost done. Less than five weeks! Please keep Brenton in all your prayers, especially with all his illnesses. Brenton is so stubborn though, he will not let anything affect his training. From what I was told yesterday, he is doing very well at bootcamp! I am so proud of him! Well off to work I go, first of three twelves in a row. I will be very exhausted come Wednesday! Miss you all!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Oh my gosh! That is so exciting! And soooo hard not to touch your husband that you haven't seen in forever!! You poor kids! Good thing he was ordered to kiss you, how cute. Tell him good luck in finishing up the last few weeks!