Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Life!

So I think it is about time I update this thing and write a new blog. It feels like it has been forever. So what have I been up too....WORKING! haha. I feel like I work so much...but when I sit down and add up hours...it is only like 90 hrs every two weeks. Thats not too bad...it must be the 12 hour shifts. Working twelve's is exhausting. You never get anything done on those days because when you get home you just want to eat and go straight to bed. But I can't usually do that. I have a very hyper puppy that just wants to play and run after being crated for 13 hours. So he usually gets his nightly walks and we have play time right before bed. My parents have been a big help lately. They usually come and get him while I am at work and let him play with his best friend "Shobo." Shobo would be my parents 100lb. yellow lab. They are literally best buds and could play for hours. I really can't wait for Brenton to be home to help me with this dog. Whats sad is that Hurley isn't even a real human baby....and he is still a lot of work. I guess that is why people recommend getting a dog before having a baby...haha. Anyhoo....I have not heard from Brenton at all this week. From my understanding he is out in the field and most likely unable to write and/or receive letters. It is amazing to know the kind of training and skills he is learning. I never thought this is something Brenton would choose to do...but I am so proud of him and proud of the fact that I can call him "MY MARINE." Not everyone chooses to join the military and serve and I am so very thankful for those who step and say "hey....I will so that that man or woman doesn't have to." GOOD JOB BRENTON! I know Brenton and I will have a lot of obstacles to face in our future....but I know God is by our side and will help us get through anything! This is the life we chose and WE ARE SO PROUD OF IT! Well I am hoping to see Brenton at church this Sunday. There is just some confusion if he will be at Camp Pendleton or heading back to MCRD, San Diego. I need to make some phone calls today. He has 5 more weeks of bootcamp left. I bet he is getting so excited. I know he misses home a lot and can't wait to see his family. I have seen his friend Caleb a lot lately. That crazy kid! I plan on seeing him again this weekend. Caleb will be going with me to see Brenton at church. We are excited and can't wait to see him in UNIFORM! It is just all too crazy for us. Ah...I can't wait...will Sunday come any faster! I will give you an update on Sunday. Hope all is well with everyone and I miss you tons!

No comments: