Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Texas here I come!

So I leave on Thursday for San Antonio, Texas. I will be there for I guess 9 days. I am going through a Combat Casualty Care Course (C-4) for the navy. I will also get my trauma nurse certification while I am out there. I am actually really excited to go. We will be doing some field training which I am really excited about. On another note, I heard from Brenton yesterday. He got to call home to arrange everything to come home. Too bad we live right here and we just got to talk to whole time...haha! He sounds so good... he is so excited to come home and be with his family. That is all he ever talks about. Boot Camp is pretty much all down hill from here. He got fitted for all his uniforms and has been working out (PT'ing) tons. He still has to master the crucible, which he will do here in a couple of weeks. The crucible is the long "march to becoming a marine." They will be food and sleep deprived during this long march that I believe occurs in three days. Ahh...3 weeks and 3 days and Brenton will be sitting right here next to me. I can't wait!!!! I can't wait to see how Hurley reacts...I hope he doesn't bark and get scared of him. Well, I need to get working on some chores, pack for c-4, and pack up Hurley's stuff. He will be staying at my parents house for those 9 days...lucky them...haha! Miss and love you all!

No comments: