Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Phone call, letter, and more!

This has been such a great week for me. Brenton is finally on Camp Pendleton training...I don't get to see him, but I love knowing he is so close. Actually, it kind of makes things a little tougher. But I am still receiving my letters, which I adore, treasure, and love so much. I really really really miss that Brenton. Who's idea was it to get married and have their husband go off to boot camp as Newlyweds? I promise it wasn't mine! haha! I will have to have a talk with this guy....he is not allowed to ever do this again. Let's just hope he doesn't get deployed right away! Any hoo...he is doing well like always. He has been going to church every Sunday and being a very active member. The Bishop from his ward called me this past Sunday to give me an update on Brenton. Of course he said he is looking very handsome and in good health (I wonder if that is something they tell all wifes and parents...haha). He also said that Brenton helped him give many blessings this past Sunday...which we all could see Brenton doing. He is so loving, caring, and outgoing. I am so proud of him. On another note, I was able to meet up with his friend Caleb. Caleb is doing very well...and if you know him, he is the same Caleb as always. He actually went to church with me on Sunday and had a great time. We are all very anxious to see Brenton when he graduates and see what the Marine Corps has done to him. Hurley is doing okay. He has become quite the dog. I swear dogs can go through the "terrible two's." I think Hurley is in that phase right now. He loves toilet paper and trash. I am no longer able to leave trash cans on the floor or toilet paper on the role thing. Everything has to be put up high or it will be chewed. And yes, he doesn't care if he gets in trouble. It has become a fun game to him. He loves watching me trying to chase him to punish him. But....I still love him to death and I promised I would keep him...haha! It's just like having a kid...there's no refunds or exchanges at this point...this dog has my heart. Well this has become quite a long posting...so I will go for now. Will update in a couple of days. Miss you guys!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Yay!! That's awesome that he is so much closer now. :) But yes, tough, I'm sure! How much longer does he have before he graduates? That will be a happy day I bet! Your pup is so cute! Take care.